"You know, you’re right … Tyria is a fantasy world, and it shouldn’t have any connection with Earth and the real world. Like, Tyria doesn’t have Abrahamic religions to shame people for being gay. Or female.”
— Me, whenever I hear complaining that KasJory is symptomatic of a real-world agenda being pushed into a fantasy world.
when i say “please don’t touch me” it does not mean:
- i’m shy
- you can touch my shoulders or arms, just don’t hug me
- you can hug me because you’re family
- you should poke me because i flinch and it’s funny to you
- i let you hug me once, you can do it as much as you want
- i don’t like you
what it does mean:
- i am made deeply uncomfortable by most physical contact and will give you permission when i am okay with it. please respect my boundaries and understand that it isn’t personal.
Coming to the unwelcome realization that you are trapped in a Lovecraftian friendship like “You’re my best friend and I think you’re amazing but I’m pretty sure that if you started resurrecting corpses I would just shrug and help out”
If you’re one…
It would never occur to me, if a friend were practicing necromancy, that I WOULDN’T help out. I mean, jeez, why do we even HAVE friends?
Councillor Macha (via tyrianexplorer) —